Are you a pet store owner that wants to take your sales to the next level? These pet shop apps can help!
Pet shop apps can help you improve your business while you help people find their next furry friend. We’ve reviewed them thoroughly and consider them to be the best for pet store owners. They’re helping pet store owners like you organise your business and generate loyal customers.
Being able to process payments on the go, can give you the option of doing trade shows and farmers markets. This gives you the option of showcasing specialised pet treats and increasing your exposure in the community. . You won’t need to head back to the office to do your paper work. These apps will save you time and energy.
Top pet shop apps for:
1. Venmo (Website/App)
Venmo is a great app for pet store owners. It works on iOS, Android, and the web. Venmo simplifies money transfers between individuals, and it helps the customers pay their bills through this app. This is great for recurring transactions.
Venmo offers a lot of features and the UI is excellent. Other mobile payment apps will simply move money between people. On the other hand, Venmo attempts to make payments between friends not only simple and easy, but also social. This focus makes all the difference.
You can adjust the visibility of transactions to increase privacy.
Venmo has added some new features recently.
- Simple and easy to use.
- Sending money is fast. It only takes 10 seconds.
- You are charged 3% for using a credit card
- It only works in the U.S.
Venmo is great if you are doing trade shows and tired of using cash or PayPal’s less-streamlined interface for payments. Check out this app as an option for payments.
2. PayPal (Website/App)
PayPal is available for iOS and Android. They tout 218 million active consumer accounts and over 17 million merchant accounts. They now have a new PayPal checkout that enables you to give customers the option to pay with PayPal, Venmo or PayPal Credit. This gives your pet owners many options to pay for their pet’s food and treats.
You can make PayPal your exclusive means of accepting payments, or simply use them as a supplemental option.
Here’s the link to their website: – https://www.paypal.com
PayPal now is the third largest pament provider in the world. This means that it dominates online processing on sites that go far beyond its origins on eBay. biggest third party payment provider in the world meaning that it now dominates online processing on sites that go far beyond its origins on eBay.
- Predictable, flat-rate pricing
- Multiple pricing plans available
- Ideal for low-volume merchants
- All-in-one payments system
- Account stability issues
- Inconsistent customer support
- Not suitable for high-risk industries
PayPal can work well for your pet store either as the primary payment option or simply for use when you are on the go and accepting payments at trade shows or community fairs.
3. Western Union (Website/Apps)
The Western Union mobile application is available for both iOS & Android Platforms. Western Union is the largest money transfer provider worldwide. It covers over 200 countries and territories with more than 550,000 agent locations. Worldwide coverage allows you to source from all over the world.
Western Union has two main advantages: worldwide coverage and a variety of ways you can transfer money.
Western Union enables you to send or receive money seamlessly at every location because it has a singular platform for all its agents in all the countries. You can stock your store with dog toys from anywhere in the world.
Read more reviews and ratings: – https://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/banking/western-union-review/
- Unmatched network in more than 200 countries
- Multiple payment and delivery options.
- Costs tend to be higher than the average for money transfers.
Western Union allows you to choose between paying more for transfers that arrive in minutes or less for transfers that will take several business days. It has the broadest agent network in the world. You’ll liekly be able to send your money close to your deisred destination.
1. QuickBooks (Website/App)
Many successful pet store owners are making use of Quickbooks for invoicing their customers. Businesses that invoice their customers when certain goals are reached in a project can take advantage of progress invoicing in QuickBooks to keep track of the money owed. QuickBooks calculates the amount previously invoiced to ensure that you don’t exceed the estimated amount.
It is actually providing a platform to the users, so they can easily and instantly access its unique business analytics and financial insights to improve their business health and wealth.
- Impressive features
- Numerous integrations
- Good tax support
- Moderate learning curve
- Limited users
QuickBooks Online invoicing options are robust, particularly for an application designed for mobile access. All of this is included at no cost in all versions of the product.
2. Hiveage (Website/App)
Pet store owners need a really simple and powerful online billing for the customers. Hiveage is able to provide that. It enables you to track time, expenses and mileage that you may travel for your business. You can also manage multiple teams and businesses with Hiveage.
Hiveage allows pet store owners to send unlimited invoices to a number of clients, accept online payments and use more than a dozen popular payment gateways including PayPal, Braintree and Stripe.
One of the benefits of Hiveage is that you can save discounts, shipping charges and taxes. You can ad them to invoice line items or sub-total. Hiveage will automatically send payment reminders and receipts, whether they need to remind a client about payment or thank them for sending a bill on time.
- Simplicity and support.
- User-friendly, need layout!
- Very easy to use and navigate
- Nothing specific
If you don’t like paying for features that you don’t need in a billing software, Hiveage might be a good system for you. It provides full invoicing features that will help you to keep your business running smoothly.
3. Zoho Invoice (Website/App)
Zoho is a web-based software for small businesses. It is great for pet store owners. It is available for both iOS and Android. We compiled the Zoho Invoice reviews from the web to determine what customers think about the company. We also compared the most popular pricing options for small business owners.
Zoho has grown quickly in these last few years. The company offers a host of different applications that cover a number of points for business operations that will benefit the pert store owner.
Zoho is free to sign up for with no contract or credit card information required. Zoho Invoice offers a free plan in addition to three other pricing options.
- Easy to use with little or no training
- Ease of use, the price is right, has made my life so much easier
- recurring invoices – invoice/email templates – reports – reminders
- It’s not an accounting software! Zoho is only for billing and expense accounting.
- Not scalable for product for e-commerce businesses selling products but great for service based companies
- Need to have the facility to see if the client has viewed the invoice which is missing and adding this would a big thing!!!
Zoho created an invoice customisation feature that put it above most of the competition.So, its worth checking out to see if it is good fit for your business needs.
1. Facebook (Website/App)
Facebook is the American online social media giant. It has some very impressive statistics that you can leverage for your pet shop business. First and foremost, it should be mentioned that cute animal videos are among the most popular and shared posts on facebook. Incorporating some videos of animals in your pet store can make your store very popular.
Facebook offers the ability to create advertisements for your business.
- System is very easy to use and quick.
- It only takes less than six hours to get an ad approved.
- Can target by age, location, gender, religion, and even marital status. Most importantly, you can target by interests. You can target groups that are pet owners.
- Can feature photos of pets that are likely to be shared.
- If you are just looking for sign-ups to a newsletter or to give away something free or to get people involved in a contest, Facebook advertising works well.
- Costs-per-click can be higher in popular niches.
- Not as versatile as Google. No keyword suggestions.
- Facebook is more private in the sense that people keep to themselves, and trust their group or clique.
2. Instagram (Website/App)
Instagram is a great photo and video-sharing social network owned by Facebook. The advantage of Instagram is that people can scroll through without seeing political commentary. They can just check out their pictures.
Instagram has a lot of users and best of all, they’re engaged. More than half (51%) of the platform’s active users visit the site daily. 35% say they check it multiple times per day. The photo and video sharing app has quickly turned into a top social media site and a great way to get the word out about new pet shops.
Instagram is available on both Android and iOS.
- You can display pet treats and pets with photos. what you offer.
- It makes it easier to share your brand’s message.
- Instagram is growing quickly – very quickly.
- Hashtags make it easy to connect with people
- Location tagging is available.
- Your targeted demographics might not even have an Instagram account.
- It’s not always a platform that focuses on commerce.
- Advertising may be out of reach for most businesses.
- Sending people to a specific website can be difficult.
- Businesses are not allowed to use clickable links.
3. Hootsuite (Website/App)
Hootsuite is the world’s most widely used social media management platform with over 16 million users worldwide. A great reason for pet store owners to use Hootsuite is that it can save time with social media. Sharing photos and videos of pets can increase a pet store’s business immensely. However, it can also suck up a lot of time. Hootsuite is designed for organisations to execute social media strategies across multiple platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Youtube.
Hootsuite is available for both iOS & Android.
Sales teams can collaborate within a secure environment across all devices and departments to manage social media profiles, engage with customers, and generate revenue.
Many people create multiple social media accounts and later find it too difficult to keep their profiles updated on all the sites. Hootsuite is considered really good for handling multiple social media accounts by logging into a single dashboard.
- You can use it to manage Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, WordPress, Google Plus and Foursquare.
- It offers a useful monitoring service that shows you replies, mentions and direct messages from all networks in one dashboard.
- Scheduling updates across multiple platforms can help you save a lot of time.
- Collaboration options allow you to work with your team to delegate replies and other tasks with your staff.
- While the app is free, the features are limited. You need to upgrade to get the best features.
- Detailed analytics can vary in price from $50 to $500 per report.
- While the collaborative teams feature is very useful, it is relatively expensive.
1. Canva (Website/App)
Do you have a great graphic for your business social media accounts? If not, you should definitely check out Canva. Canva allows businesses, organisations and individuals the opportunity to create simple designs that look amazing and professional.
Canva is available for both iOS & Android.
Canva brings sophisticated design abilities to the masses. It will give you the ability to create cute facebook memes with the dogs and cats in your pet shop.
- Simple and easy to use, even for beginners
- Tightly integrated with stock photo image bank if you want to use someone else’s photos.
- Free if you are using your own photos. (Which you should do. Feature those cute and cuddly pets!)
- No page grids
- No alignment tools
Example Created with Canva:
You will be able to create presentations and social media graphics using the graphic design tool with drag and drop functionality and professional layouts. Definitely worth your time.
2. Adobe Spark Post (Website/App)
Adobe Spark Post is a cross-platform web app that contains a suite of content creation tools, which cater to small businesses and people of all skill levels. Adobe Spark Post enables you to create some stunning graphics for your pet store business in seconds.
Adobe Spark Post is very simple and easy to use. It is web-based and great for individuals and small businesses that need to produce visually intensive content for social media sharing. For pet store owners, this can be great. Good graphics and pet photos can really help their social media presence and encourage people to visit their store.
Adobe Spark Post allows you to create single-image graphics with text overlays. It is very easy to use and change type style, colours, layouts and page size.
Some of these premium perks include:
- Large variety of typography styles
- Great Themes
- Full responsiveness
- Library of images
- Image and video creation
Adobe Spark Post has a variety of other products in the creative section, often popularised by industry experts.
- Free to use (premium add-ons available)
- Plenty of templates for pages, videos, and posts
- Simple and intuitive usability
- Instant previews available
- Limitations with video formatting
- Fonts are limited
- The paid version must be bought for the Adobe logo to be removed
And, for those lacking large marketing budgets, Adobe Spark offers an ideal marketing solution, whether you have an official business website or not.
Customer loyalty can improve a pet store’s profits. Repeat business increases sales. CandyBar offers a loyalty punch card that customers can have on their phone. CandyBar has features to track returning customers and acquire feedback. It also allows store owners to keep track of their loyal customers and reward them. CandyBar allows store owners to keep track of their loyal customers and give them rewards.
CandyBar is very easy to use for both the merchant and the customer. Customers will simply need to provide their mobile numbers, so that cashiers can allocate stamps and rewards with a tap. CandyBar’s presence in the pet store market is growing across the globe.
Pet store owners can provide incentives for their customers to return. For example, each customer can earn a stamp for purchasing dog food or treats from your store. After earning ten stamps, they can get a free dog treat or toy for their pet. It encourages repeat business and makes shopping at your store even more fun!
So, what apps will your try for your pet store?
Technology is advancing everyday and it is even infiltrating the pet store market. These pet shop apps can help your business run much more smoothly. Using these payment apps, sending and receiving money is more like texting with a friend. Marketing is becoming less and less expensive with the social media apps. We highly recommend these wonderful technologies to take your pet business to the next level.